Skip to main content

CURING BOREDOM












Happy weekend loves, hope the week wasn't so stressful.  Thank God its Friday again! It"ll be a fun busy weekend for me.  For some, it will be just so so busy, for some it'll be boring because there'll be nothing to do. The only remedy to boredom for some people is hanging out with friends, going clubbing e.t.c they have no other form of having fun. Well, the introverts like mua  have fun only by watching movies, surfing the net or reading. Well, not to worry, here goes my eight things to do when bored. Thank me later! Lol




n/b: internet connection will be of use

1. If you have a phone with internet connection, just find any part of your house most comfortable for you and stay(I pick the bedroom :). Open google, type in www.kambishares.blogspot.com ( I know it's long, but not to worry,  when you start commenting, I'll shorten it), read all the blog posts in the archive section( comein, don't be lazy,  it's not plenty na), then drop a comment in each section and share the posts to your social media outlets  be it fb, twitter, google, e.t,c you can even email to a friend, get the word out there people! I can't do it alone. Visit the pages too and drop a comment then subscribe below

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


You won't even remember you were bored by the time you finish, lol

2.

Lol, I know. Cooking is a great way to cure boredom. Try cooking a type of food in a different way, you can even google it. Google how to make that sharwama you love so much and try making it. If you live with your family, make a dish for them or better still a fruit juice. Now don't rush it, savour the moments, you can even make a video of it or take pictures of each step and upload on youtube or pin interest or better still, send it to kambishares@gmail.com so I can put it on the blog, lol. Make the cooking fun, better still, you can call a friend to do it with you. 

3.
Play "make up". This is for the ladies, but guys could try it too. Time to learn using your own face. If you are not soo good at it, google it. Try out the look you want for your wedding,  if you are single. Google how to make up in different styles, try it out and take pictures of the different faces you made, store it in your mail or print them out later for future musings.



Though Not this type but all follow sha.

4. 

Cleaning! Yeah! Lol, this is the one I love the most. Most times when we clean, we are either soo tired or in a hurry that we just do surface cleaning. So, don't scream that you are bored,  get up and clean! I'd usually gather up my old books, clean the shelf and sort through to see the ones good for disposal and the ones to bring to the forefront. You"ll feel soo good and satisfied when you are done cleaning all those dirty corners. 




5. 
Read: this is a great way to cure boredom and learn something at the same time. This would have been the first on the list but someone might take a u-turn, so here it is. So, read a book, a newspaper Or blogs (some good blogs include imperfectlyperfectlifes.com,  glowing scenes, heart rays, beta motivation,  better still visit Nigerian blogs website). Or, if you have no book, re-read an old book, if you have no old book, go to a friend's place nearby and borrow a book. No friend living nearby but there's a data connection? Download the e-book App, download books of your interest and read, it'll take just five minutes.  Have no data connection or an android device? Your wahala too much o.

Then read your bible,  there's no one who doesn't have a bible unless you are a muslim. 


6. Sing and dance, yay!

     

This is also one of my favourites. Create a playlist of your favourite songs in your phone (cause we have some songs we are tired of but we just won't come to terms with deleting it), use an ear piece and listen to it. Sing and dance. My friend does this a lot too and it's fun to watch her. She would scream the songs even or if you are the blues kind of person, pick a hymn book or  if you have none, google your favourite hymn lyrics and sing. Don't sing like you are passing time else the boredom will kill you, sing like you love singing, like its your career and who knows....:)

7. "How to" 

This is where google comes in handy. All those things you wanted to do but couldn't create time to do, childhood dreams or not, learn it now. I don't mean your dreams of being a doctor or a motivational speaker o. More like how to make a scrap book, how to fix eyelashes or curve eye brows or knowledge about car parts, how to sew a flowy skirts, how to shave and so on.
Google may not give you all in all but it's not like it's your profession, you are just curing boredom.  I have even progressed in my knowledge of sewing through google.

8. This might sound childish but it's how fashion designers and fashion icons were made. Play dress up. Try out different styles of clothing.  Bring out all the dresses you have in this world( it won't be much for people like me), try matching up different outfits together and put it on to see how it looks. 

This way, you can fix up an outfit for the next week so you wouldn't be searching through your boxes each morning and also develop your fashion brains.

And there you have it, the pills to cure boredom that you've long awaited.

Happy weekend, thanks for reading, please do share. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog. 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Love 
        Kambi.







 

Comments

  1. Hehe, I agree, by the time I read kambishares, leave comments and all, boredom go fly.lol
    Thanks for the tips...so you love cleaning? we should swap places, I don't have anywhere to clean sha cuz my house is an humble abode :-)

    Reading and surfing the net always does it for me.never can be bored that way..cant remember when last I was bored sef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yea i love cleaning even when the place is not dirty. Lol, i doubt you'll ever get bored in a long time coming. I'm looking forward to swapping places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A NEW BEGINNING

For some time now, I've been considering starting a blog. I however started working towards it December last year and the headache eh! The technicalities is just much and I just happen not to be a technical person. My drive for perfection drove me to learning more about blogging. I took to google and came across terms I've not heard of before like domain name,  web hosting and the like and understanding was quite difficult, worse of all the name I had in mind was already taken, I almost got discouraged but for my love for writing and also, it didn't really matter how the blog looks, it isn't a money making blog though I wouldn't mind that happening in the near future, lol. I finally opened a wordpress and a blogger blog but I'm sticking with this.                     SO WHAT WILL I BE BLOGGING ABOUT?

WHAT LOVE IS

It’s the season of love, so what better way to celebrate than to teach and educate people about what the reason for the season is all about. This word can hardly be defined as to each person it has different meanings. To some it’s blind, to some it’s wicked. To some, it’s awesome. To some, it’s difficult to find. If a thousand and one persons are asked what love is, one would get a thousand and one different answers. Some do not even know what it is as they have wrong conceptions about it. I was at a meeting recently and the speaker asked what is love, everyone that answered had different opinions about what love is and they were ready to keep throwing in answers till the lady stopped them. Attempting to define love would be trying to make the longest sentence in this world. So what then would I do regarding the title? I would describe love, cause that’s the best that can be done. Love is a lot of things

THREE TIPS FOR DEALING WITH 'STRANGERS'

Image source: Google  Before a person became a friend, he/she was a 'stranger', then maybe an acquaintance before attaining friendship. In life, many circumstances or situations tend to take us away from family and friends that we are so used to and safe around such as NYSC, industrial training, internship, law school, medical school, competitions or even relocation.