Skip to main content

SEARCHING #3



How could I forget! I wasn’t yet comfortable with my meetings with Abari but I didn’t like making bad and unserious impressions about myself. He was already feeling like I didn’t value him and that was the last thing I needed Abari to feel over me even though I would prefer ending the lesson sessions despite the fact that it was helping me in my academics. 

I rushed into the bathroom and had a quick bath or something close to bathing and rushed out for school. Half way I remembered the assignment, how stupid of me to forget. I rushed back to get it and by the time I got to school, I was already an hour late.
I was to meet Abari to submit the assignment he gave me and defend it orally before him but cancellation of lectures made me forget all other engagements. I ran from school gate to his office and thankfully he was still around. I stood for minutes outside his office trying to regularize my breathing.

I knocked and he beckoned on me to come in.

I stepped in and greeted him.

“Afternoon. Why are you coming now?” He replied. 

I stood speechless.

“I believe I asked a question to someone right?”

“Yes sir” I breathed.

“Truthfully sir, lectures was cancelled so I decided to get some sleep because I slept late last night. I overslept and forgot. I’m really sorry sir, this is the very last time it would happen.” I pleaded

“I’m really wasting my time with you, aren’t I? I mean, you are already intelligent and don’t need help with your academics. That must be why things like oversleeping and forgetting tend to happen always any day we are supposed to meet. I thought I saw a potential somewhere.” He shook his head pitifully.

“I’m sorry sir, this will never happen again, sir I assure you.

“You are intelligent but unfortunately, that’s all you are. Take time to think about that. Now, get out of my office.” He said calmly but firmly.

Ouch! That was unexpected and hit me like a brick wall. I stood for some minutes before dragging myself out. ‘I didn’t know whether to feel happy or sad at the turn out. Emeka was sure to bite off my head when he hears this.

I walked home not being able to process what I was feeling. I knew I had disrespected him by coming late to meetings but did that warrant kicking me out? I thought he liked me? I entered my room and slumped on my bed.

Was intelligent really all I was???

see you same time next week.

         Any thoughts use the comment box below and don’t forget                to subscribe to the blog below to get posts straight to your mail.

 
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Love

         Kambi

Popular posts from this blog

THREE TIPS FOR DEALING WITH 'STRANGERS'

Before a person became a friend, he/she was a 'stranger', then maybe an acquaintance before attaining friendship. In life, many circumstances or situations tend to take us away from family and friends that we are so used to and safe around such as NYSC, industrial training, internship, law school, medical school, competitions or even relocation.

SEARCHING #7

****
'Emeka is that you?' I asked expecting otherwise

'Nope' answered a female voice.

 Ha! I knew no girl, so who could that be.

'Who then?' I said getting up.

'It’s dera your classmate.'

I didn’t know any dera but it would be rude bombarding her with questions with the door to her face plus I didn’t even know anyone in my class.
I opened the door but it was so dark that I couldn’t see her face.

'Ah! It’s dark already, I didn’t know that. Please come in.'

'Thank you' she said stepping in. I was beginning to think that you were dead or something worse.

'What could be worse than dead?'

'I don’t know' she shrugged.

I now remembered her. The overly outspoken girl in the class who somehow, always had her manners with her but would always interfere when not wanted. Emeka would write me down for not knowing her name. Everyone knew her because of her interference spirit. She had not interfered in my business because I had not cr…

THANKFUL FOR HIS HELP

Eshe ibitetibere
Eshe ibitebade
Adukpe o Jesu
Ibite muwa lo

My heart is filled with gratitude. At the end of last year, I wasn’t in a good place. There was this heart-gnawing fear. A new phase was coming in my life and the uncertainty of the future just ate me away. My relationship with God was on a zig-zag lane and the downward lane seemed to last for longer periods than the upward. I was honestly so scared about the future. A lot of what ifs.