Skip to main content

IT'S TIME TO TAKE ACTION

Hey blog Fam, I’ve missed you guys. You all have been in my thoughts. So, today I want to share with you all a very insightful truth I came across in a daily devotional some
time ago.


Image result for take action
image source: google!
Blind bartimeaus was sitting on that road probably thinking. When will Jesus pass me? When will he pass where I am and heal me? Why didn’t I stay where others had stayed? Then he heard the crowd and must have leaped in joy. The moment he thought he had been waiting for, Jesus was finally coming His way, and then He listened carefully and heard that the footsteps were not coming to him but going away from Him. He thought to Himself, Ah! Is this How I lost Him? I must have done something wrong? Will He ever even pass this way again? He felt bad but then thought I have to take action now if I want Him to heal me. Since I have no sight to see which direction he is headed, let me scream all I can to get him to hear and do something then he shouted at the top of his voice, Jesus! Jesus! Son of David, Have mercy on me, Come this way o and help me. People shut him up and discouraged Him but he said to himself, I have to keep trying till he is gone, he shouted some more and some more and finally Jesus reacted and his story changed for good.
It’s time for us to take action. If you are serious about success in life, succeeding in What God called you to do, surviving depression, dealing with a problem, whatever it is, there are three basic steps you must take;


1. Do something: sir Edmund burke said, nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. Praying, planning, deliberating are all good but there comes a time where you have to step out in faith and act. If you’re naturally sedentary or easily discouraged, you’ll have to contact your fear and reluctance and take that first step. God promised to part the river of Jordan for his people to go through but the waters only parted after they stepped in, josh 3: 11-17. In the beginning, you just need to get moving. It’s easier to start doing something right if you’ve already started doing something. It’s easier to steer a car when it’s moving than when it’s standing still. Not knowing what to do should not keep you from doing something.


2. Do something today: one of the biggest problem in our world today that is affecting lives is procrastination, one which unfortunately I still deal with. Author and cardiologist George Sheehan puts it this way, there are those of us who are always about to live. We are waiting until things change, until there is more time, until we are less tired, until we have grown enough and dealt with all our problems and issues, until we get a promotion, until we settle down, until we are working, until, until, until. It always seems as if there is some major event that must occur in our lives before we begin living. You can’t be one of such people if you want to do anything in this life. How to avoid it, do something today that will move you an inch forward. You can only get there in steps. German philosopher Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said, “Each indecision brings it’s own delays and days are lost lamenting over lost days...what you can do or think you can do, begin it”. So before the sun sets today, do something that will move you toward achieving that dream or desire.


3. Do something every day: we read about people who sail around the world in a thirty-foot sail boat or have overcome a handicap to touch lives or win gold medals and later, we find their stories are all about persistence amidst strong discouragements. If you want to know your future, look at your daily routine. The secret to succeeding lies in doing the right things day after day. So, don’t just do something today, keep doing it and you’ll get there.

Tip: important priorities have a way of slipping out of place when you’re focused on succeeding. Priorities like your family and friends, your relationship with God, your character should not be replaced with a desire for success.







Related post

Don’t forget to subscribe below to get more awesome posts straight to your mail. Enjoyed reading? Please do share and drop your comments below if any.



Love

   Kambi 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A NEW BEGINNING

For some time now, I've been considering starting a blog. I however started working towards it December last year and the headache eh! The technicalities is just much and I just happen not to be a technical person. My drive for perfection drove me to learning more about blogging. I took to google and came across terms I've not heard of before like domain name,  web hosting and the like and understanding was quite difficult, worse of all the name I had in mind was already taken, I almost got discouraged but for my love for writing and also, it didn't really matter how the blog looks, it isn't a money making blog though I wouldn't mind that happening in the near future, lol. I finally opened a wordpress and a blogger blog but I'm sticking with this.                     SO WHAT WILL I BE BLOGGING ABOUT?

THREE TIPS FOR DEALING WITH 'STRANGERS'

Image source: Google  Before a person became a friend, he/she was a 'stranger', then maybe an acquaintance before attaining friendship. In life, many circumstances or situations tend to take us away from family and friends that we are so used to and safe around such as NYSC, industrial training, internship, law school, medical school, competitions or even relocation.

WHAT LOVE IS

It’s the season of love, so what better way to celebrate than to teach and educate people about what the reason for the season is all about. This word can hardly be defined as to each person it has different meanings. To some it’s blind, to some it’s wicked. To some, it’s awesome. To some, it’s difficult to find. If a thousand and one persons are asked what love is, one would get a thousand and one different answers. Some do not even know what it is as they have wrong conceptions about it. I was at a meeting recently and the speaker asked what is love, everyone that answered had different opinions about what love is and they were ready to keep throwing in answers till the lady stopped them. Attempting to define love would be trying to make the longest sentence in this world. So what then would I do regarding the title? I would describe love, cause that’s the best that can be done. Love is a lot of things